Governance within the Trust operates at two levels.
We have the following boards. Click on the Trust Board or Advisory Board for more information:
What is a School Governor and what do they do?
School governors are volunteers who help to run the school. Some are elected (staff and parent governors) and others are appointed by the trust board.
School governors have a wide range of responsibilities, helping to raise standards of pupil achievement and planning the school’s future direction, always in consultation with the school leaders and other staff. We are also accountable for the performance of the school to parents and the wider community. We are not expected to take detailed decisions about the day-to-day management of the school: that is the job of the school leaders.
The responsibilities of the members of the Robinswood Advisory Board include:
- Helping to establish the aims and policies of the school and how standards of education can be constantly improved
- Ensuring that a broad and balanced curriculum is delivered and that it meets statutory requirements, while promoting high standards and monitoring progress during the year.
- Appointing, challenging and supporting school leaders.
- Acting as a link between the local community and the school.
- Ensuring the health and safety of pupils and staff.
Individual governors are also linked with a particular area, such as Special Educational Needs, Safeguarding, or a curriculum. This ensures that Governors ‘know their School’ and are able to challenge the school to achieve the very best outcomes for children.
The local advisory board meet every term.
Governance, Governors and Key Academy Documents:
The Robinswood Academy Trust is a company limited by guarantee.
Company Registration No. 7530418
Registered Office: Robinswood Primary School, Underhill Road, Matson, Gloucester GL4 6HE